After filing taxes, people want a way to check on the status of their refund. They want to know exactly when they will be getting their money back so they can put it to good use. There is an easy way to check on the status of the refund.
1. To check on the status of your refund, you should first visit the website www.IRS.gov that is provided by the IRS. This site is very helpful in this means and for answering any questions there may be. This site is available all day every day during tax time.
2. For those who E-file their taxes, they can start checking on their status 72 hours after the filing is done. For those who do paper filing, they can do it three to four weeks after the filing has been sent in.
3. To check on a refund status, you need to provide three things for the website to identify who you are and what refund is yours. These three things are your SSN, your filing status, and the amount you will get back.
4. Once you track your refund, the website can tell you that it has been processed already, is still being processed, or that something needs to be changed so that it can be processed.
5. All the customization and personalization makes the answers and the information personal to the individual. This is very helpful because it helps people with anything they need help with.
6. For people that are visually impaired, there is software on this website that helps them to use it, too. There is something for recognition and even Braille sometimes where compatible.
7. When a person does not have internet access, they can call the toll-free number 800-829-1954 to get the same information that the website offers.
8. Another great thing that the IRS offers is the smartphone application called IRS2GO, which is also helpful.
- Checking The Status On 2011 Taxes (goarticles.com)
- Checking The Status Of Your Tax Refund (2011taxes.org)
Checking a Status On Your Taxes by Steven Patterson