How To File Back Taxes
All people with income need to file taxes yearly. If you have missed one or more years in the past ten, now is the time to file back taxes. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) can impose steadily increasing fines and penalties the longer you wait.
Why File Back Taxes
There are convincing reasons to catch up on back taxes:
• Reduce penalties; there are separate penalties for not filing, and for not paying; by filing you avoid one penalty even if you cannot afford to pay immediately
• Ease your conscience by meeting legal … Read more at 2011 Tax.
Filing Your 2011 Taxes Online
Every year, many people race to tax preparation offices to have their annual taxes prepared, making sure to beat the April 15 deadline. Long waits and high fees are common, and many people find getting their taxes done a chore. Preparing your own taxes can save you time, money and hassle.
Even if you have never prepared your own taxes, you will find filing your 2011 taxes online simple and easy. Online tax prep programs provide you with step by step instructions and guide you through the process of getting your taxes done. Simply … Read more at 2011 Tax.
TurboTax Fights Filing Reform
TurboTax has come under fire recently after a report from Propublica revealed that Intuit, TurboTax’s parent company had launched a massive lobbying effort against what is known as return-free tax filing.
This method, which is already used in other countries, would have the IRS prepare an estimate of the taxpayer’s liability. The recipient would have the option to accept the estimate, make corrections to it, or reject it and prepare his own return, using a tax preparation company or other option.
This process puts the onus on the IRS to use the information that employers … Read more at 2011 Tax.
Turbo Tax Television Ads Will Continue
- How To File Back Taxes
- A Look At The 2014 Tax Deadline
- Make Your Individual Financial Troubles A Thing Of the Past With This Useful Info
- Are Annuities a Good Investment
- Tax Carnival Ecstasy – July 18, 2013
- Filing Your 2011 Taxes Online
- Implications Of Passing A Senate Bill Enacting An Online Sales Tax
- TurboTax Fights Filing Reform